Contract Manager - £40,000
South Holland, Lincolnshire
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
The contract consists of 3 sites and includes a range of indoor provision including sports halls, fitness suites and swimming pool.
- Reporting to the Area Manager, the successful candidate will be required to take full responsibility for the effective management of this contract ensuring the highest service standards possible.
- The post holder will ensure that the service provided meets the requirements of the client as defined within the service specification as well as consistently driving the commercial performance for the centre.
- This position will allow you to develop your skills and reputation whilst enhancing safe and enjoyable usage of the facilities. Leading business recovery post national enforced lockdowns with the aim to increase usage and profitability.
- You will manage and develop your staff to meet customer and operational requirements creating a dynamic, responsive and customer focused team through your communication and management styles.
- To ensure the highest possible standards of health & safety and customer care are delivered consistently across the contact
- Will be able to demonstrate a proven record of managing teams of staff, be commercially focused and have an understanding of budget management, whilst consistently developing and improving operational procedures.
- It is essential that you possess excellent communication, customer and client liaison skills.
- Flexibility and commitment to customer service are essential.
- Ideally have a track record of managing both wet and dry leisure facilities.
- Experience or awareness of Local Authority contract management is preferred.
- Ideally you will have a recognised qualification in leisure management, Sports Development or a related subject preferably to degree level or NVQ 3. An additional business qualification would be advantageous.
- Whilst preferable that the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the leisure industry it is recognised that key attributes aligned to managing teams, performance, financial and Health and Safety alongside client relationship management are transferable skills and as a result applications from outside of the sector will be considered.
To provide reassurance for applicants whilst Lex Leisure fully adheres to Government enforced lockdowns it recognised that this can result in new starters not being eligible for the current furlough arrangements. The Contract Manager role is designated by the business as a key worker and would not normally be furloughed.
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If this opportunity excites you, and you think you’re the type of person we’re looking for, then please apply with a covering letter and application to email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
Applications by: 10/06/2022