Castle Swimming Pool
3 Full Time positions available
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
Located in the heart of Spalding we are a community swimming pool with a range of facilities to offer our members which consist of a 25m swimming pool, learner pool and diving pool.
The role of Recreation Assistant is a great position to be able to carry out and be involved in the full range of leisure activities. This continually customer facing role provides rewarding opportunities. Meeting new people, variation in both activities and learning provides an exciting working day, every day.
Primary Objectives for the Recreation Assistant will be:
- To ensure the safety of and enjoyment of everybody using the swimming pool.
- To partake in the management of all aspects of the daily activities of the swimming pool.
The Recreation Assistant will focus day to day on the following tasks:
- To guide, care for and assist all customers.
- To facilitate a friendly but efficient working relationship with the people who use the swimming pool.
- To work as part of a team to achieve the objectives and usage targets of the swimming pool.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to increase the usage of the swimming pool.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- Assist the Duty Manager in the effective control and security of the facility, patrolling all appropriate areas ensuring that equipment is stored safely and securely.
- To be aware of all Health and Safety issues within the Centre, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
- To ensure all parts of the Centre are safe and secure when not in use.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Leisure Centre.
- Portray a positive image of the swimming pool, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
- The post holder should ideally have a good general education and a desire to achieve a leisure management qualification. The post-holder will possess a RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and commitment to customer service.
- Previous experience is ideal however successful applicants will be provided with full training if applicable.
- You will be required to work on a rotating shift pattern which includes early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- You will be required to undertake a full DBS check.
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining us or are interested to know more, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to email@example.com
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Applications by: 26/06/2022