Bingham Leisure Centre
Full Time / 40 hours
The Duty Manager Fitness position is a key position in the Company. Carrying out continuous customer and staff relations services, the position provides the postholder with a genuinely rewarding experience and provides a springboard to a leisure management career in one of the most attractive and fast growing leisure management companies.
Primary objectives for the Duty Manager will be:
- To ensure the highest possible standards of health and safety and customer care within the Centre.
- To develop and promote an exciting, innovative group exercise programme in order to increase the usage and profitability of the Centre.
- To promote excellence of customer services and motivate people to enjoy exercise through good communications and selling skills.
- To take responsibility for all aspects of the daily operation of the gym facilities.
- To ensure the development and growth of the centre’s membership base.
- To ensure the successful implementation and operation of the G.P. exercise referral programme
- To assume shift management responsibility for the Centre to maximise the total performance of the Centre and maintain the highest standards of customer care.
- Will be able to gain acceptance and respect from clients and the teams involved.
- Will be able to build strong relationships with customers, clients and employees.
- Will be able to communicate at different levels of the organisation, both listen and direct.
- Will be able to demonstrate clear identification with all customer requirements.
- Will be able to maintain and be committed to good employee relations and deliver quality training.
- Will be able to perform gym/recreation assistant duties when required.
- As the successful candidate you must be flexible, reliable, and enjoy working as part of a team. You will ideally possess the REPS level 2 or equivalent qualification and be willing to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- A National Pool Lifeguard Qualification is desirable but not essential as we can fully fund the course.
- Ideally you will require a Pool Plant Operators qualification but not essential as we can fully fund the course
What can Lex Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Lex Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If this opportunity excites you, and you think you’re the type of person we’re looking for, then please apply with a covering letter and application to to email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
Applications by: 26/06/2022